Beauty of Annihilation

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The One\Lullaby of a Dead Man

So i've seen a lot of questions surrounding the Shi No Numa song, "The One". I figured I'd toss a post up here just to clarify some things...feel free to spread this around when people make comments (mainly because its hard for me to keep up!)

Anyway, here's the long and short of it:

1. Elena Siegman and Kevin Sherwood composed and performed both "The One" and "Lullaby of a Dead Man" for the Nazi Zombies mode.

2. They were recorded and produced at Treyarch Studios...all in house.

3. Elena is a game producer with an amazing voice.

4. Kevin is a graduate from the Berklee school of music and is one of our sound designers at Treyarch. He made a lot of great sounds for Call of Duty: World at War, and composed the kick ass music in Zombies.

5. All of the Perks-a-Cola jingles were also written and performed in house. Craig Houston (Treyarch's lead writer) performs the male vocals with Elena performing the female vocals.

If you notice, we're following a trend with the music. The Death song in Nacht der Orten became "Lullaby of a Dead Man". The Death song in Verruckt became "The One". Hmmm.

Both songs will be released in the near future, most likely on the call of duty website (www.callofduty.com).

I'm going to do an interview with Kevin and Elena this week so if you have any questions for them, post below!

7 comments:

Christian said...

I thought the death song in Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt were both "Lullaby of a Dead Man". And only Shi No Numa had "The One"?

Anywho, I'm looking foward to the interview!

Anonymous said...

can't wait for the songs to be released, after looking unsuccesfully for a legal, or even quality version, i"m glad to know these songs (particularly the one, which will be forever stuck in my head =0 ) will be given out =D thanks!

pbakas said...

i would like to know where i can download the song "the one" i like it alot

Brian Tuey said...

Hey guys,

Glad you like the song(s). They will be made available very soon, but I don't have the exact date. I'll release the info here as soon as I can!

Amy said...

Hey, any chance we could get the perks-a-cola in mp3 format, I really want the juggernog or revive one as my message tone :]

Brian Tuey said...

Hi Amy,

They are going to be officially released in the 'near' future. I think its coming in the next week or so...and they will be available as ring tones.

Anonymous said...

I am one of those guys who loves these songs i alwaysed played nazies zombies and ever since i first played it i always listen to the music i wander what the M.P.3 song would be